Not feeling well rested upon waking is a common complaint. It can be due to many things, but like most health issues, it can be improved by applying some healthy habits consistently.
Here are some tips to help:
- Establish a routine. Depending upon your family and lifestyle, you know best what you need to get done in the morning. Developing a routine helps make it easier to get into your morning groove, and you don’t have to think about it too much when you’re feeling groggy.
- Exercise first thing. This helps get the blood flowing to muscles and brain, naturally perking you up! And, when you’re done, you can mark it off your list and not have to think about it after a long, exhausting day.
- Eat a lighter dinner. Light doesn’t necessarily mean quantity, rather, eating healthy carbs in the form of high nutrient veggies helps your body cleanse and restore during your sleep instead of being bogged down.
- Go to sleep when your body tells you to. Your body is smarter than you will ever know. Yielding to natural rhythms is important for overall, long term health.
- Eat pH balancing foods during the day. Non-GMO, organic or biodynamic, local grown fruits, vegetables, and pastured animal products helps us get the nutrients we need. To maintain a proper pH for optimal organ and bone function.