Here are 8 ways to beat down the sugar monster:
- Get plenty of sleep. If you wake well rested and refreshed, you are far less likely to reach for sugar throughout the day.
- Drink lots of water or herbal tea. Stevia helps balance blood sugar if you like a little sweetness added.
- Breathe deeply. Take 10 slow deep breaths and you’ll be less likely to binge.
- Eat adequate protein. Healthy fat and protein from good sources like grass-fed beef, cold water wild-caught fish help stabilize blood sugar.
- Eat adequate good fats. Fat makes you full and satisfied and far less likely to crave sugar. Choose coconut oil, raw dairy, real butter, raw nuts.
- You may be magnesium deficient. Nuts, legumes, and deep green leafy veggies are great sources.
- Get some exercise each day, preferably outdoors. Walking is a great energizer!
- Sniff peppermint essential oil. Pure, therapeutic grade peppermint oil has been shown to decrease appetite and mentally energize! For a good source, click here: https://www.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/new-start